The tables have turned, but the stakes are no lower: Linda is now in the hot seat as she guesses Claire’s Top Five Most Anticipated books pubbing this fall, the bulk of which are gracing digital and physical shelves this September. Listen to find out if Linda can maintain her status as both friend and bookstore business partner.
Books recommended during the show and more are listed below. For more suggestions like these, peruse our online store here.
May I Recommend? is a RADIOKISMET podcast.
- The Lying Life of Adults by Elena Ferrante, 9/1/20
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi, 9/1/20
- Just Us by Claudia Rankine, 9/8/20
- Ring Shout by P. Djèlí Clark, 10/13/20
- A Girl Is a Body of Water by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi, 9/1/20
- What Are You Going Through by Sigrid Nunez, 9/8/20
- An Inventory of Losses by Judith Schalansky, Jackie Smith, 9/29/20
- The Awkward Black Man by Walter Mosley, 9/15/20
- Igifu by Scholastique Mukasonga, 9/15/20
- White Tears/Brown Scars: How White Feminism Betrays Women of Color by Ruby Hamad, 10/6/20
- Be Holding by Ross Gay, 9/8/20
- Stranger Faces By Namwali Serpell, 9/29/20
- Earthlings by Sayaka Murata, translated by Ginny Tapley Takemori, 10/6/20
- Where The Wild Ladies Are by Aoko Matsuda, translated by Polly Barton, 10/20/20
- The White Dress by Nathalie Leger, 9/15/20