SUBSCRIBE where you get your podcasts.
Claire and Linda were each inspired to bring four saucy summer reading picks (plus some honorable mentions) to discuss in May I Recommend’s first-ever minisode! Shout-out to Union Jack’s in Glenside, PA for their buffalo wing menu spice-level spectrum, which we borrowed for our own book-ranking purposes: Mild, Medium, Hot, and Suicidal (oh my). Whether you’re vay or staycationing this summer, we think these options will serve as a perfect complement to some well-deserved R&R.
Books discussed during the episode:
- Filthy Animals by Brandon Taylor
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
- A Theater for Dreamers by Polly Samson
- Objects of Desire by Clare Sestanovich
- Double Blind by Edward St. Aubyn
- Seven Days in June by Tia Williams
- Satisfaction Guaranteed by Karella Stetz-Waters
- Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney
- Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Eagan
- House of Holes by Nicholson Baker
- Bad Behavior by Mary Gaitskill